Computer Science graduate with an MEng
from The University of Southampton,
in research, game development,
graphics, design, art, artisanry and music.
The best way to contact me is by email, particuarly regarding professional matters.
With UIKit, OpenGL and Spritekit
With Core OpenGL
- Other technology
- iOS development
- Scientific computing
- Machine learning
- Computational biology
- 3D Modelling/animation with Autodesk Maya and Mudbox
- Physics engine programming
- Game design and development
- Web design and development
- Game development
- I enjoy game design and development as more of a creative pursuit than a technical one. I particuarly like the medium because of the potential for a type of self relflection and emergent strategy that isn't possible with other mediums.
- Graphic design
- I greatly enjoy graphic design, with specific interests in web design, typography and information graphics. You can see the previous version of the website here.
- I have been doing both 3D modelling, with Autodesk Maya and Mudbox, and polymer clay modelling for a number a years. More recently I have taken up drawing, with pencils, charcoal and pastals; inking with art markers painting with water colours, acrylics and oil paints; and digital painting.
- I also enjoy a number of crafts, including photography (particuarly of wildlife) and woodworking, having recently made my own desk.
- I play guitar, bass, ukulele, harmonica and tenor saxophone.
- For a number of years I played ice hockey and did figure skating, reaching up to and including grade 9 of the 'NISA Skate UK' grading system. Now, in the absance of an ice rink, I partake in both inline skating and roller skating.